For the first few days of this week I have been woken by the sound of water pouring from the overflow pipe next to our bedroom window at an hour which is before I need to get up and light enough that I have trouble getting back to sleep. Having finally snapped, I decided to climb into the loft and have a look at the ballcock.
I cleared all the crap from round the water tank and peeled back all the insulation to reveal the ballcock. Now, I've previously had this problem and all you need to do is loosen a nut and move the ball further along the shaft so that it closes the valve before the water reaches the overflow level. Simple. Ball is fixed to shaft with no nut. Bollocks.
Scratches head. No problem, bend shaft so the ball sits lower etc. Grasps shaft in both hands and applies pressure. RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.
Visit to A&E results in a diagnosis of a torn ligament in my right hand. There's lumps that shouldn't be where they are. When I move my fingers it looks like an alien is moving under the skin.
It takes half an hour to type this with two fingers on my left hand.
I've still got less errors than Piggy.
Labels: ballcock bending