October 09, 2006
On this day:

Home truths

A Somalian arrives in London as a new immigrant to England.

He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr Englishman for letting me in this country!" But the passerby says "You are mistaken, I am a Pakistani".

The man goes on and encounters another passerby.

"Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in England!" The person says
"I not English. I am from Hong Kong".

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says "Thank you for the wonderful England!" That person puts up his hand and
says "I am from Iran, I am not English".

He finally sees a nice lady and asks suspiciously, "Are you an English citizen?". She says, "No, I am from Romania!"

So he is puzzled, and asks her, "Where are all the English?" The Romanian lady looks at her watch, shrugs and says .....

"Probably at work".

| | << Home