July 06, 2006
On this day:

Fidelity

An elderly couple was sitting around one evening and Goose says to his wife, "Mistress, we are about to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary. We've had a wonderful life together, full of contentment and blessings. But there's something I've always wondered about. Tell me the truth. Have you ever been unfaithful to me?"

She hesitated a moment, then said, "Yes, Goose, three times."

"Three times? How could that happen?" Goose asks.

Mrs Goose replied, "Well, do you remember right after we were married and we were so broke that the bank was about to foreclose on our little house?"

"Yes, dear, those were really difficult times," replied Goose.

"And remember when I went to see the banker one night, and the next day the bank extended our loan?"

"Gosh, that's really hard to take," said Goose. "But since things were so bad at the time, I guess I can forgive you. What was the second time?"

"Well," Mrs Goose continued, "do you remember years later when you almost died of that heart problem because we couldn't afford an operation?"

"Yes, of course," said Goose. "Then you will remember that right after I went to see the doctor, he performed the operation at no cost?"

"Yes, I remember," said Goose, "and as much as that shocks me, I do understand that you did what you did out of love for me, so I forgive you.

So, what was the third time?"

Mrs Goose lowered her head and said, "Do you remember when you ran for president of your golf club and you needed 62 more votes?"

| | << Home