January 04, 2005
On this day:

Bitty

I was asked the other day as to what bitty meant by a non-uk surfer. Well, it comes from a series called Little Britain whereby a nearing middle aged toff still insists, and is even encouraged, by his mother to continue breast feeding. His method of obtaining his mother's teat is to insistently request for "Bitty ..... bitty mummy." In one recent sketch that I ended up thinking about the benefits of incontinence pants; mummy's bitty was dry as he had been, in the words of his father, "a greedy boy" that morning and so he ended up with (said as Homer would drool over the gummy venus) "Nana bitty."

To save you the trouble and expense of carbohydrates in exerting your finger, wrist, eyes and brain in the effort of searching the pages the clips can be seen (with RealMediaPlayer):


The only things that annoy me about Little Britain is that I missed so many of the episodes when they first came out and also to the fact that now my kids have seen it they now: walk around the house randomly pointing to things and saying "I want that one"; respond to questions with "Yeah I know"; respond to questions with "Yeeeees"; respond to questions with "Yeah ... but, ... no ... but"; insist that they are "the only gay in the village"; occasionally spontaneously explode with "E, e, eheheheh"; and for some reason my son now walks around insisting that he's a "laaady".

| | << Home